A solid portfolio is a given, but more than anything we are looking for a designer with the right attitude, bright eyes, ambition and skillset. You will have a thirst for pushing design forward and a natural eye for ‘it’. No egos please.
You will be confident at managing your own workload, speaking to clients as well as working with the team to deliver both excellent and thoughtful work. You’ll need to appreciate the less glamorous side of studio life; whilst there will be sexy jobs for you to sink your teeth into — flanked by support, input and a helping steer from the experienced folks around you — but day-to-day you’ll have no problem getting your head down, wading through lots of artworking, upkeep and support on quicker projects and clients’ needs.
We’re looking for someone whose portfolio demonstrates understanding and care; ditch any projects you can’t talk passionately about.
We’re looking for someone who (in no particular order):
- is talented; a smart thinker who can translate ideas to creative; from learning to ask the right questions to conducting in-depth research to support concept development and beyond
- is curious, keen and willing to learn, develop skills and better their craft
- is self-motivated, enthusiastic and eager to take on new daily challenges
- is a good listener, able to cut through clutter
- is able to articulate clearly and with understanding, both written and verbally
- holds themselves to a high standard, is detail-orientated, behaves professionally and double checks everything
- is eager to be involved in all aspects of both print and digital projects where needed
- thinks before they speak, but is not afraid to have an opinion, ask questions, or to bring an idea and stand up for it
- is tuned in to the wider industry, can cite projects they love from agencies or designers they aspire to
- has a sense of humour (critical), is a team-player and motivated to help drive the studio’s success
- has degree in Graphic Design or similar
- has an understanding of brand, and its application across both print and digital formats
- has a sound base in Creative Suite (Ps, Ill, InD).